Globally, the COVID-19 pandemic shook the world by surprise and the educational crisis has become one of the greatest threats in our existence. With the learning crisis, the world seems to have ground to a halt and disrupted the entire education system. Schools, colleges and other educational institutions have entered a new world of virtual learning.
However, the teaching facility continues with the education online with limited sources through video call lectures. As classrooms shift to virtual platforms, students get the opportunity to attend the classes in comfort throughout, without any hesitation to waking up early and getting ready.
Here are some of the 5 Dos’ for E-Learning
- Do have a proper Internet Connectivity – Students feels it’s not easy to attend classes online. One of the reasons being the internet connection. Some of the students do not have access to internet, and it becomes difficult for them to take full advantage of the online classes. It becomes a bit critical. However, make sure to organize your internet connection beforehand, so that there are no distractions during the session. Make sure to call the operator if the internet does not work properly. Do, all of these before the online session takes place.
- Do pay attention – Paying attention is the key benefit while attending an online class. If learning is the goal, then paying attention is the target. Fix your sleeping schedule, so that you look fresh and your energy level is at its highest. Staying focused can help remember the pointers the teacher must’ve included while giving lectures. So, that it is easier for you understand when you do self-study. You may get all your queries resolved, as there are 60+ students in the broad online approach, which makes it for teachers to equally solve issues for every students involved. Which is why, paying attention is absolutely necessary.
- Do be punctual – Let us agree that our sleeping routine has affected in this lockdown. We all have had a morning where we woke up late and couldn’t attend the first half of the online class. That is where it goes wrong. Showing up on time, being punctual for online class would make you look responsible and to be in the good books of our teachers. We all have wanted to be in the good books, haven’t we? Be punctual for your online classes and give your attendance in time. It is an essential component and will help you develop in future.
- Do keep a steady attitude – Positive thinking breeds positive results. The right kind of attitude determines your personality or your character. Positive attitude will help you to focus more, concentrate and absorb the lesson quickly. This creates the right environment for you to enjoy the e-learning experience, and it will push to study more.
- Do be patient – For online classes, the possibilities for a student’s potential is limitless. With the e-learning experience, the students aren’t confined to learning within the classroom walls. If you have any queries regarding your lesson, ask your teacher but be patient for the teacher to respond back. Remember, teaching online is not a cakewalk. Teachers are putting a lot of effort to put together lessons to teach. So, give them some time to respond and appreciate the time limitations.
Here are some of the 5 Don’ts for E-Learning –
- Don’t be late to submit tasks – Time management is perhaps one of the life skills the students are taught at their time in school. Students are often stressed concerning the deadlines for the assignments or tasks, and are not able to manage time. It is your responsibility, so don’t be late to submit your assignment/projects. Submit them in time for a good feedback from teachers. This is a virtual learning experience; the teachers will not be there to attend everyone in person. The support should come from both the end. Take your submission deadline seriously and try submitting a day prior in case there is any technical issue.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up – The e-learning experience has been a challenge equally for teachers and students. It’s a hard time for the teachers to teach online and put together a virtual lesson. Communication in writing is a lot harder than communicating in person. The student may take time to grasp the lesson. He may not understand a certain line explained. Don’t hesitate to ask for clarification if you don’t get the concept.
- Don’t get interrupted – To make sure that you are ready for online classes, set up a space that will not be an interruption. While doing a class online, make sure there is absolute silence in the room and no disturbance at the back. Try to be in a room where there is nobody. Set your space neatly, making sure there is no clothes lying over which can be seen through the camera hole.
- Don’t skip classes – It is very important for the students to stay focused during online classes. Don’t skip the online classes, for you may skip the lesson too. The teachers will not repeat the same lecture, which is why not skipping the online class is mandatory. Parents should also avoid suggesting to their kids that the lessons will be repeated once the school reopens.
- Don’t wear anything but School Uniform – The new normal of e-learning would take some time to grasp in the right mindset without a physical classroom. But, staying active and agile will give you enthusiasm to be ready for everything. While attending online classes, don’t wear comfortable clothes or pyjama. Get ready as if you are going to your school, it will motivate you to stay active in the online learning session.
E-learning is here to stay for the foreseeable future which will be an integral part in the learning system. The past couple of months have been quite a roller coaster ride for the students, as well as teachers.
So, enjoy this fast transition from ‘education from home’ and support this new normal. Understanding that E-learning is a unique process of learning experience, so staying motivated would help the students develop it quickly.