Established in 1981, The school was started by Rama Devi at Burdwan Compound with some students but due to her old age, she donated the school to Arya Samaj, Ranchi. Arya Samaj, Ranchi started the school in the year 1981 in the name of D.A.V Nandraj Public School, Burdwan Compound with some students and two teachers only. The school started with two rooms and about 25 children under the able guidance of three great visionaries , Late Narayan Das Grover ( Director D.A.V. Zones), Late Master Tek Chand Arya & Late Madan Gopal Sethi .The classes were held up to standard two in the initial years and it was upgraded every year by two successive classes. Due to the demand of parents to increase the number of classes the school got land of 7.29 acres on lease at Bariatu and later gained affiliation from C.B.S.E. Finally the school got formal recognition up to class VIII. Based on continuous excellent results, and performance at the class VIII Board (Manik Karan, All India Topper), the school started gearing itself for starting classes IX and X, supported by the faith and enthusiasm of the guardians. Class X attained Affiliation in 2003 and class XII followed suit with its Affiliation in 2004. The school has galloped from strength to strength, excelled in every field and its Display cabinets have been decorated over the years with trophies and certificates. Class X (2004 – 2005) batch had all the candidates acquiring a First division. The school maintained its high standards even for class XII results.
The School provides a congenial environment for all round development of the whole personality and its integration in students as regards personal hygiene, neatness of uniform, cleanliness of surroundings, graceful manners, obedience and discipline. To achieve high academic standards, personal attention is given to each individual child.
The school has a staff of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced teacher.
The strength and success of D.A.V Nandraj Public School lies in the harmonious blend of science and technology and a sound grounding of ancient Vedic Culture.
The aim of D.A.V Nandraj is to inculcate in the students a thirst for knowledge, devotion to duty, honesty and patriotic fervour besides humanism. We impart an education to build and an education to pay.
- Academics & Educational achievent through teachers, who make the lessons very interesting by following various methods of teaching viz. Demonstration Experimentation, Project work, Home assignment, play way, Micro teaching, structure method etc.
- Nurturing intellectual ability.
- Inculcating sense of values and rational thinking.
- Developing scientific and rational thinking.
- Developing the ability to distinguish the right from the wrong, the fact from the fiction.
- Encouraging community feeling a sense of justice and quality of tolerance.
- Developing self- confidence with a sense of responsibility devotion patriotism and discipline.
- Developing awareness of environmental preservation.
- Developing leadership qualities in every walk of life.
- To inculcate a sound grounding of ancient Vedic Culture.